This position completes all or any combination of, inspection and/or testing tasks required to ensure that manufactured items conform to company and industry quality standards as well as to contract specifications when required. These duties generally require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as moderate to heavy lifting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects and measures materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications and standards throughout the manufacturing cycle.
- Accurately uses all standard measuring tools, including, but not limited to, rulers, calipers, and force gauges.
- Interprets blueprints, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, and measuring instruments required.
- Records inspection data and quantities inspected on required inspection reports.
- Collects and files inspection and test records in accordance with established record maintenance procedures.
- Notifies supervisors and other personnel of production quality problems and assists in identifying and correcting these problems
- Discusses inspection results with those responsible for products and recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Completes all required record keeping, including time sheets, traceability forms, etc.
- Understand part numbers and revision levels
- Inspects customer repairs as needed.
- Assist with the training of new inspectors as needed
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
Minimum 2 years quality inspection experience in manufacturing.
Functionally literate including able to read and write English documents.
Able to perform basic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
Capable of accurately using standard measuring tools.
Capable reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings and work specification sheets.
Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
On the job training: Three (3) to Eighteen (18), including progressing at an acceptable and measurable skill level rate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor