Supports all activities across the company related to management and continued implementation of effective compliance programs under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Develops and maintains trade compliance policies and operational procedures and updates them according to the regulatory changes brought about by the US government and other procedural changes that apply to trade compliance. Prepares complex licenses and agreements to support sales programs and initiatives including agents and reseller agreements. Manages training program to support overall business compliance with International Trade Compliance.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides oversight for trade compliance matters based on local and international regulation including:
- Works with legal counsel to ensure compliance for all import and export transactions. Authors policies and procedures, and publishes trade compliance manuals.
- Prepares and submits export licenses and agreements as well as monitors the implementation of the technology control plan and other export and import compliance related procedures and work instructions.
- Provides necessary trade compliance training and updates for employees with import/export compliance functions.
- Maintains and assists with the implementation of company import/export compliance procedures and work instructions.
- Lead the development and implementation of company policy, procedures, guidelines and instructions to support compliance with US and International export and import regulations and company policy.
- When needed, reviews and validates the export classifications of parts, materials, data, and services.
- Assists Contracts with the structuring and negotiating of commercial and defense agreements with customers, suppliers and partners, ranging from NDAs to complex sale and licensing agreements.
- Maintain applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve presentations, briefings, documents and other information provided to foreign persons for compliance with licenses and regulations prior to release outside the company.
- Advises officers and senior managers of corporate legal responsibilities.
- Conduct internal compliance reviews as required.
- Participates in project and contract reviews.
- Supports development/updates of contracts and agreements to ensure compliance to all relevant regulations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college preferably in business with emphasis in International Business and Contract Administration. Or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience and at least 2 years managing trade compliance programs.
- Technical background and prior experience in DoD security and critical technical information and/or corporate compliance and internal investigation is also a plus.
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of the FAR, DFARS, US EAR and ITAR regulations as well as use of SNAP R and D-Trade 2 licensing processes.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of commercial/government contract law, with pragmatic approach to application.
- Experience researching, interpreting and applying government regulations (ex. ITAR, EAR)
- Must have high level of initiative and be able to work independently and a strong bias for action to manage and complete projects on time in this fast paced environment.
- Possesses strong leadership, analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to teach others across multiple business functions on complex export compliance and regulatory issues and processes.
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise.
- Ability to support individuals at multiple locations with timely and accurate responses.
- Flexible, cooperative and collaborative; demonstrating ability to adapt to changing US government, customer and company conditions.
- Strong continuous improvement philosophy and attention to detail.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent organizational, prioritization and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Experience with Costpoint and SYSPRO desirable.
Periodic travel is required to support training and audits at two locations, as well as project functions such as supplier visits, product testing, and technical customer meetings.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate and may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor