This position completes all or any combination of, tasks required for assembly of line sets and associated parts as well as inspection of line sets and related parts. Machinery and tools used for such tasks includes rulers and other standard measuring devices as well as automatic bartackers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attach lines to parachute canopies using required knots and/or fingertraps.
- Measure and set “trim” (relationship of one line to another) in accordance with specifications.
- Bartack lines in place using automatic machines.
- Perform final inspection of parachute assemblies and prepare completed parachute for shipping.
- Perform final inspection of line sets and related component parts as required.
- Complete inspection reports.
- Complete all required record keeping, including time sheets, traceability forms, etc.
- Understand part numbers and revision levels.
- Assist with customer repairs as needed.
- Assist with the training of new parachute assemblers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
- Functionally literate including able to read and write English documents and work specification sheets in English.
- Capable of using standard measuring tools.
- Capable reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings and work specification sheets in English.
On the job training: Three (3) to twelve (12) months.
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is a manufacturing shop floor, which is heated and air conditioned. The noise level is usually moderate due to sewing machines and traffic. This position is physically demanding and requires reaching, bending, squatting or kneeling, sometime for extended periods.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor