At Airborne Systems, we engineer and manufacture high-quality, high-performance parachutes and related products for the military and for search and rescue. For over a century, we have set the standard for capability, quality and performance with our world-class engineering, manufacturing, training and service.
Airborne Systems is a global company, which brings to the market and its customers a history and legacy that embraces four of the world’s leading parachute companies. No other parachute company has the resources of Airborne Systems.
Come be a part of this successful, respected, and growing team!! We especially welcome Transitioning Military Personnel to explore the opportunities available at Airborne Systems.
Sewing of single parts in preparation for the assembly and functions required in the manufacture of parachute system components, sewing to assemble the raw materials for the manufacture of the parachutes and/or related parts in a reasonable period of time and in accordance with company quality standards. This position requires a skilled operator comfortable working with different types of difficult, awkward materials and capable of using standard measuring tools. Daily duties will include the operation of manual and/or computer driven automatic sewing machines.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Construct basic parachute system components, including pre-assembly of harness; assembly of small and/or basic items and any other related parts in a timely manner and in accordance with company quality standards.
- Sew any raw materials, including support tapes and webbing.
- Pin, mark, trim and do any required preparation work on raw material assemblies.
- Perform non-sewing functions when needed, including measuring and marking of materials.
- Perform all daily routine maintenance and adjustments on sewing machines.
- Complete all required paperwork and recordkeeping.
- Read and interpret work specification sheets and drawings.
Education & Experience:
- Less than a high school diploma or GED
- Industrial sewing machine operation experience required.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Capable of using standard measuring tools.
- Pass the sample sewing tests.
- Ability to comprehend, carry out written drawing instructions in English.
- Pass the sample sewing tests.
- Be able to perform the physical demands of the job.
On the job training: Up to six (6) months, including progressing at an acceptable and measurable skill level rate.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $16.50 – $19.00/hour