Designed to meet the requirements of military users, the Intruder® System, type classified as the RA-1 by the U.S. Army, is suited for a novice in need of docile performance or an experienced pilot who demands performance extremes for mission success.
This advanced parachute system, consisting of the Intruder®360 main parachute, the Intruder® 360 reserve parachute, and the Raider 2 harness/container, has been specifically designed for jumpers carrying heavy loads into rough, unfamiliar drop zones at night. These conditions demand a canopy that provides superior glide performance for maximum offset and performance characteristics to minimize the potential for injury on landing.
The Intruder® system is also available with smaller Intruder® main and reserve canopy at 300 ft².
FLY FARTHER, CARRY MORE, LAND SOFTLY
- Intended for use during HALO or HAHO missions, the Intruder 360 main canopy incorporates a design developed by Airborne Systems that improves velocity and glide.
- Pressurized stabilizers increase glide performance and improve performance in deep brakes by forcing the canopy to track forward without lateral slip. The pressurized stabilizers also render the canopy completely silent.
- Light toggle pressure and long control strokes make deep brake maneuvers and recovery smooth and easy.
- Intruder 360 main canopy is compatible with Airborne System’s new MicroFly II® Equipment Delivery System.
Intruder® 360 Main Canopy
The main canopy is a nine cell hybrid construction (zero porosity top skin, 1.1 oz 0-3 CFM nylon bottom skin) capable of three deployment methods; Double Bag Static Line (DBSL), Over The Shoulder Ripcord, and Bottom of Container Throw Out Pilot Chute (BOC).
Intruder® 360 Reserve Parachute
The nine cell reserve canopy is constructed of 1.1 oz, 0-3 CFM nylon, making the reserve easier to pack. The RA-1 reserve also matches the 4:1 glide ratio of the RA-1 main canopy. Incorporation of vents in the canopy bottom skin and mesh in the slider allow the reserve to meet demanding requirements for altitude loss on opening through the entire performance range of the RA-1.
Raider-2 Harness Container
The Raider-2 Harness/Container is the newest innovation in tactical parachute harness systems. It is designed specifically for improved comfort and versatility. The container is sized to fit any of Airborne Systems Intruder 360, Hi-5 370 and Hi-Glide Canopies.
The Raider-2 provides:
- Greater comfort with the patented Bio-contour
- Magnetic riser covers
- Versatile deployment methods with spring loaded pilot chute, hand deploy pilot chute, or static line
- Single pin reserve with clear inspection window
- Attachment points for the Airborne Systems Patent Pending Parachutist Seat