MC-6 Maneuverable Army Troop Parachute System
Developed through the U.S. Army Special Operations Force’s Tactical Assault Parachute System (SOFTAPS) program for precision infiltration, the MC-6 army troop parachute features the latest in advanced technology for steerable military parachute systems. It offers greater maneuverability, exceptional performance in high altitude drop zones and achieves a lower rate of descent compared to the MC-1 system. The MC-6 System has replaced all the MC-1 steerable troop parachutes in the U.S. military. Airborne Systems is the only source qualified to provide the MC-6 system internationally.
MC-6 Main Canopy (formerly known as the SF-10A)
The MC-6 main canopy is a steerable, round, 28 gore polyconic parachute, which has been used by U.S. Special Forces for over 10 years, proving itself to be consistently safe and reliable.
The SF-10A has demonstrated softer openings at higher elevations and does not suffer from the type of damage seen on the MC1-1C at this deployment condition.
MC-6 Superior Canopy Technology Allows for Better Steering Control
- Turn quickly with minimum pendular motion thanks to the canopy’s nominal 32 ft. diameter and a unique drive system
- Correct a landing point overshoot with the MC-6’s unique ability to back-up in deep brakes
- Control forward speed and turn-rate in flight
- Safely infiltrate all types of drop-zones, including those at high elevations due to a low rate of descent
T-11R Reserve Parachute
The T-11R is an Aero conical design based on the current UK Low Level Parachute reserve canopy, but with increased structural strength.
- Opens rapidly with minimal post-inflation collapse and altitude loss.
- Inflates in all malfunction modes, as well as with a full main canopy, should the reserve be deployed inadvertently.
MC-6 Harness Assembly
- Improved fit and comfort to the parachutist. The two main harness straps can be pre-sized by the jumper prior to donning the assembly.
- Saddle design with multi-directional adjustment fits a wide range of jumpers, from the 5th percentile female to 95th percentile male.
- Incorporates two rugged Capewell releases to meet even the most stringent requirements.
- Four comfort pads are located at the shoulders and under the leg straps.