The Parachutist Oxygen Console (OXCON) is a lightweight system which has been in use around the world for over 25 years. It is a portable, multi-station oxygen system designed to contain and distribute regulated oxygen for pre-breathing onboard a transport aircraft as a supplement for the man-mounted PHAOS system.
The multi-station manifolds provide quick connects on each side of the housing. Each side has a low-pressure gauge to allow monitoring of the regulated outlet pressure. Its components are contained within a compact, rugged structure that can be easily installed for missions requiring oxygen.
The 6-Man OXCON is tested and certified for use by the U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center.
MEETING THE CHALLENGES FOR HIGH ALTITUDE PARACHUTISTS
- 8-Man, 6-Man, or 2-Man configurations
- The manual on/off valve is rated to 5000 PSI heavy duty service
- Monitor the constant system pressure of 70 PSIG with the in-line flow indicators
- Rugged construction, with protective guards around controls, gauges and connections
- Stainless steel fittings for easy maintenance
- High pressure gauge indicates the available supply pressure from the pressure reservoirs
All components have been designed or selected to conform to the relevant requirements of applicable military/government specifications:
- MIL-G-8402 Gauges, Pressure
- MS33649-8 Cylinder Port
- MIL-H-81581 Hose Assembly, Breathing Oxygen
- MIL-S-7720/QQ-S-763 Fittings
- MIL-R-17852C-Reducer, Oxygen Pressure
- ASTM A269 Tubing
- DOT FRP-1 Std; Type 3FC Cylinders under DOT-E-8162-1850
The 8-man OXCON system includes 7-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.
The 6-Man OXCON system includes 5-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.